The student news site of Gates Intermediate School

The Middle Anchor

Should we change the Second Amendment to restrict gun ownership for an ordinary citizen?

Peter Yohna

Teachers

Mrs. Mahoney

Yes, she thinks there’s no reasons to have violence. People have guns to protect there family or themselves from other people that have guns. So if guns are banned we would need no laws to ban them.

Mr. Culbert

No, its part of the Constitution. You have the rights to bear arms and you should go through a bigger process to get your hands on one.

Mrs. Yasin

No, there are other reason for guns outside the job. But should not be used for assault outside the military.

Mrs. Paster

No, but there should be stricter laws background checks but formal ways of getting a gun.

Students

Miles Jones-7th Grade

No, there should be a harder way to get a gun not just like you get a gun in one day.

Molly Walsh-7th grade

I think that the average citizen should not have a gun and in that way there would not be shooting and violence.

Ethan Doty- 8th Grade

We should put a few more restrictions but it’s still a part of the Constitution but if they have any history of crimes they are not allowed. The process in getting the guns should be harder so they should give more background checks.

Rory-8th grade

They should only produce them for the military and a way to make sure they don’t get in the wrong hands. And with no guns for ordinary citizens there wouldn’t be violence as much.

the-second-amendment